Basement & Crawl Space Flood Cleanup in Lawrenceville, GA
Flooding issues and risks in state of Georgia and Lawrenceville
Do you need to be well versed in basement and crawl space water cleanup services in the Lawrenceville and Atlanta metro area? The state of Georgia was among the states most affected by flooding following hurricanes for the period 1978-2021. During this period, 23,197 claims were submitted to the NFIP. The amount paid out by FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) following these claims by property owners in the State of Georgia totaled nearly $651 million.
If you live in Lawrenceville, GA, or any other area in the Atlanta metro area, you may have suffered or witnessed the distressing effects of basement or crawl space flooding. Whether it was caused by heavy rain, snowmelt, sewer backup, or faulty plumbing, water damage can pose serious threats to your health, safety, and property value.
In this article, we will discuss some of the possible causes of water damage in basements and crawl spaces, how to clean up and restore your flooded space, and how to prevent future flooding problems.
What Causes Basement and Crawl Space Flooding?
There are many factors that can contribute to basement and crawl space flooding. Some of the most common ones are:
- Hydrostatic pressure: This is the force exerted by water on the soil around your foundation. When the soil becomes saturated with water, it pushes against your basement or crawl space walls, creating cracks and gaps that allow water to seep in. Hydrostatic pressure can increase due to heavy rainfall, snowmelt, poor drainage, or high water table.
- Sewer system issues: If your sewer pipes are old, damaged, clogged, or invaded by tree roots, they can leak or overflow into your basement or crawl space. Sewer water is highly contaminated and can cause serious health hazards and odors. Sewer pipes can also back up due to heavy rain or blockages in the main sewer line.
- Negative grade: This is when your yard slopes toward your home instead of away from it. This can cause water to pool around your foundation and seep into your basement or crawl space. Negative grade can be caused by improper landscaping, soil erosion, or settling of your home over time.
- Plumbing leaks: Any leaky pipe, faucet, appliance, or fixture in your home can cause water to drip or spray into your basement or crawl space. Plumbing leaks can be hard to detect and can cause significant water damage over time. Plumbing leaks can also cause mold growth and wood rot in your basement or crawl space.
Smfirewatermold.com offers emergency flood restoration services for Atlanta and Atlanta Metropolitan Area.
Contact Smfirewatermold for Professional Water Damage Restoration
If your basement or crawl space has been flooded and you need professional help to clean up and restore your space, contact Smfirewatermold today. We are a certified water damage restoration company that serves the Atlanta metropolitan area. Smfirewatermold`s technicians have the experience, equipment, and know-how to handle any type of water damage situation, whether it is caused by clean, storm, or sewage water.
Smfirewatermold offer the following services:
- Basement water cleanup
- Crawl space water extraction
- Flood restoration
- Commercial and residential water damage restoration
- Emergency plumber
- Crawl space flood cleanup
We are available 24/7, no matter if it’s a weekday or a holiday. Smfirewatermold will respond to your call and arrive at your location ASAP. We will assess the extent of the damage, provide you with a free estimate, and start the restoration process right away.
4 advices how to prevent basement and crawl space flooding
- Install a sump pump.
- Fix plumbing leaks.
- Improve drainage.
- Seal cracks and gaps.
Call us today at 470 435-4377 to schedule a service and get 15% Off for all our plumbing services!